Living tools just spray spores? What's happened to these valuable tools?

I'm in the Mine Core right now, but for the last few zones... my living tools aren't working. Since the one that had 3-4 of those strange consoles that say "living things may behave differently now". So I *ass*ume one of those is the culprit.

It doesn't do much good to keep collecting them if they're not going to work. WHat have I done? And is there any way to make it right? I need these, no?!

That's actually quite weird, Rosie. I've played through Geneforge 1 a thousand times, and never had that problem!

I wouldn't throw those living tools away... you can most likely use them somewhere else.

Do you have the spell 'Unlock'? Perhaps that will work.

As to the message 'living thing will behave differently', that should have NOTHING to do with the living tool. That tells me that you hit a switch which affects turrets/pylons/mines.

The only non-bug thing I can think of is that maybe you overlooked the fact that what you thought were your living tools were really a few spore batons, since those have the same graphic but just different colors. I apologize in advance for suggesting that you posted a question here just because you made an idiotic mistake, but playing late at night many of us have made similar mistakes, so for all I know at this point it is a possibility. Other than that, this sounds like a major bug.

Trinity Student - ya know... that hadn't even occured to me... but I bet that's what I did. I hadn't noticed that they look so much alike until I was stashng my loot. I'm not offended by your suggestion at all... I feel kinda stupid now, but I'm capable of laughing at myself laugh and invite you to come along! Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Just so you don't feel bad, I feel I must say that I've made the same mistake several times. It's a pain and I feel like smacking myself every time I do it, but ever since I started carrying around 45-60 living tools at a time, I just check the number to be sure. Haveing two nearly maxed out Drayks helps alot laugh I don't even have to battle other than use speed or healing spores.