Turning off full-screen?

Are you possibly trying to play GF3 while at work?! Oh my goodness if you are... I could see the need to have a smaller window that would be easy to minimize when the boss comes in.

Welllllllllllllll....... I will say I've played all GF and Avernum and Exile games, plus a coupla other Spidweb games while at work...

Probably been payed thousands of dollars to play games w/o them knowing over the past 8 years.

:rolleyes:

I know this isn't quite the same as being able to minimize the game, but since you are on a PC, your keyboard should have a window key (has the windows logo on it) right between ctrl and alt keys on both sides of your keyboard. I use this one a lot when I flip back and forth between playing and reading the walkthrough. Beats saving and reloading the game.

If you are using Windows, there is an even better combination:

Alt+Tab (Hold down Alt key and press Tab)

This switches to the last program you were using before the current one. So if your last program was whatever you were supposed to be working on, it'll look like you are hard at work. smile

Alt+Tab is also useful when switching between game and notes/walkthroughs. (If you hit Tab several times, you'll scroll through the list of previous programs, so you can select the one you want to switch to.)

The problem with ALT + TAB is that it doesn't minimize the program, it just puts it "behind" the thing(s) you called up. And if the windows are different sizes... So if you're trying to hide things, the WIN key is probably better, but if you're just flipping through things, use ALT + TAB.

Hope that helps!

- Archmagus Micael