Floor Types

Newtfeet

Floors have these four properties: fl_is_water, fl_is_floor, fl_is_ground and fl_is_rough. Am I right in assuming that a floor can only have one of these? None of them stack, right?

Also, what do the docs mean when they say "other terrain types will conform to it when painting terrain in the editor" about the fl_is_water, fl_is_floor and fl_is_rough properties? I don't understand that sentance...

And last (hopefully), can floors combine animation and shimmering?

Quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:
Do you notice how hill terrain next to grass has all sorts of angles that come naturally? That's what it means.
So, the editor makes hills next to fl_is_ground floors sloped? Then why do the docs say something similar for fl_is_water and fl_is_floor?

Also, what about the other questions?

Floors have these four properties: fl_is_water, fl_is_floor, fl_is_ground and fl_is_rough. Am I right in assuming that a floor can only have one of these? None of them stack, right?

A floor can have any or all of these properties.

Also, what do the docs mean when they say "other terrain types will conform to it when painting terrain in the editor" about the fl_is_water, fl_is_floor and fl_is_rough properties? I don't understand that sentance...

If you draw some water in the editor, the editor will automatically adjust it so the shore lines up. That's what is meant by conforming.

And last (hopefully), can floors combine animation and shimmering?

Try it. It should work.