Avadon: black fortress; hitting brick wall at the first shadow beast encounter on torment

fezder

Hello!

As title says, I'm having issues with embarrasingly first encounter with shadow beast.

Team is shadowwalker main, Shima and Sivelin.

I've tried two different methods. First was the way I built my characters in hard, since I didn't think torment would be so much harder. I pumped strength, then focus on dexterity.

Another method, dexterity focused. Again, could get quite well up to shadow beast.

If i focus on shadow beast, its summons kill me, and I can't kill those fast enough until actual shadow beast comes problem.

Obviously I'm bit of loss here. Dexterity surely gives +5% evasion per level, but pumping only it makes my characters squishy due low armor and health. Pumping strength allows for better armor, but enemies hit better.

Currently on my dex focused team, attributes are about 8 str, 15 dex, 6 int, 6 end.

I can't respec either yet, so most likely my method still sucks since I'm stuck at so early.

Any pointers welcome!

I know from trying it that on torment difficulty you can do the game with just the player character as any class, but I never tried shaman. Having high dexterity unless you are a sorceress is key to avoid being hit. Also use item and/or scarabs that can do area effect damage to take out more than one target helps for an extra attack before your ability attack.

Thanks! I started again, this time purely focusing on dexterity. Finally succeeded with that first encounter, only one character went down, but didn't need to use items. Since shadow beast got two moves a row, I splitted my characters so only one of them was taking beating at a time. Ranged based combat takes bit time to get used to.