I have no idea what you're talking about, but Colchis sounds familiar somehow...

EDIT: Now I remember. The ruins of Colchis in the Krizsan province, right? Okay, now I know what you're talking about. In Colchis, there's a secret room in the stable that is home to a ghost. Talk to him, and he'll tell you the location of two objects hidden in Colchis that will help you fight the slimes. The first one is in a pillar of a building just north of the stables. The second is west of first, in a room with an anvil. Walk up to the anvil, and if your party has enough strength, you will get the second object.

To get past the barriers, you need to destroy all four slime pools in the lower level of the slime pit. Once you do that, the barrier will fade, and you can fight the master of the pit.

Oh, and this probably belongs in the Avernum Trilogy forum, since this pertains to Avernum 3, not Avernum 4.

EDIT 2: You asked where Colchis is, not what to do there. It's just across the bridge from Silvar.

Quote:
Originally written by Nioca:
To get past the barriers, you need to destroy all four slime pools in the lower level of the slime pit. Once you do that, the barrier will fade, and you can fight the master of the pit.
If I believe right, there are six pools to destroy.

IceVampire, also check the north wall for a hidden passage. cool

Quote:
Oh, and this probably belongs in the Avernum Trilogy forum, since this pertains to Avernum 3, not Avernum 4.
I agree! laugh

Quote:
Originally written by Arch-Mage Solberg:
Quote:
If I believe right, there are six pools to destroy.

IceVampire, also check the north wall for a hidden passage. cool
By the way, just to be clear: the north wall in question is the north wall of the boss monster's lair.