GF2 Infestation Mod - Junk Stacking / Leadership and Mechanics Items as Charms

Based on mod author Waladil's permission for me to link to the mod here, the author has just released a game version 1.0.1-compatible mod I (and perhaps others) find extremely useful:

1.0.1 QOL Junk/Hoarders mod, AKA Drypeaks Effective Recycling Program :: Geneforge 2 - Infestation General Discussions (steamcommunity.com)

Summary of the mod (current as of the time of writing; for any updates, check the above linked Steam topic):

1) Almost every junk item in the game (except sticks, which double as weapons) now neatly stacks in player inventory, with one stack per type of junk item.
2) Every junk item has had its value reduced to 0 (matching food and base javelins), while tunics, sandals, and cloaks have had their values set to 6 (so they'll now sell for 1 coin each).
3) +Leadership and +Mechanics items operate as charms in your pack to provide those bonuses without needing to equip them. To maintain game balance, the +Agility/+Intellect bonuses of the Infiltrator's Ring and Girdle of Leadership, respectively, are removed. However, Waladil may update the mod to include separate versions of each of these items - the standard unmodded version when equipped, and the new modded vesion when used as a charm in the pack.

Full credit for this mod goes to Waladil.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, I'm the guy who made this :) 

(The rest of this is cross-posted from the Steam discussion:)

I just wanted to update that I have been working on further updates to this mod, but I probably won't release it until after the next game patch. I feel like that's going to be soon and I'll have to update the whole thing then anyway.

The big change is that instead of changing the various infiltrator/tinker/leadership items, it adds dialogue with Sharon to take away the items and give you a charm version of them. (No takesies-backsies; it's permanent.) This means if someone wanted to use any of those items you still can do so, and I could remove the pure attribute bonuses (and the armor in case that's relevant) from the charm versions. Then, as an added bonus, once you collect all five of these new charms, she can combine all of them into one super-charm to save four inventory slots. 

I'm considering including more charm combinations for more space savings, but that's definitely not guaranteed.

I just finished testing for the first four items, and it's really good I waited to test it myself because I Learned Some Things about how the game's item imports work. (The initial version wound up giving way more stats than intended.) I also found that the Infiltrator Vest and Cloak aren't unique items; you can carry and get the benefits from multiple copies of them. I could fix it, but I think I'll leave it as-is and let the player decide if they want to do the extra cheese.