Avernum Seasons

They're not seasons. They're months, and there are eight of them. I can't remember which is the first in the year, but they go in this order:

Remembrance

Suncome

Radiane

Empire

Leafloss

Icefall

Frost

Evermoon

—Alorael, who doesn't know the holidays. Fortunately, he's sure someone else does. Try Google!

Well, "radiance" means "the state of being glowing or shiny". So presumably Radiane is a month where there's a lot of sunshine. Which makes sense, since it's in summer and all.

Besides, why does every month's name have to have something to do with the weather? Our months don't.

That and no one has worked out the celestial orbits of Ermarian.

One can assume an axial tilt roughly equal to our own because of the seasons. What puzzles me is Evermoon implying very long nights, but it lies at the end of winter. This Implies their winter solstice is near the end of the winter, which I am not sure is entirely possible.

Empire and Rememberance could imply historical events. The Empire was probably founded in the month of Empire (Empire 1st in likelihood) and Rememberance was probably the end of some great war.

But why would the founding of Avernum be in calendar used on the surface?

[Edt: Lef a leter ou.]

—Alorael, who can't think of any reference to the seasons on the surface in A3. All of the weather names imply seasons that aren't found in caves, however, and Empire is an unlikely month in the nation of Empire-haters.

I meant to imply that Remembrance can't be in remembrance of the founding of Avernum because the calendar is clearly from the surface. Empire might still appear in Avernum's calendar, but months like Evermoon, Icefall, Leafloss, and Suncome all refer to celestial bodies and seasonal phenomena that have no meaning in the caves. The months must be from the surface too, so unless Remembrance was the only one renamed, Remembrance is used on the surface as well.

—Alorael, who is suffering from egregious spelling mistakes.