Askama Mines--Door remains locked (My mistake, not a bug)

Mah Al Ibara

I am on my fourth playthrough and have never encountered this until now. I talked to Trader Shohre in Ssilyn, then went to the Askama Mines and talked to Xandrof.  "You can reach the mines that way," and points to the door to the north. I go through the door, fight the little group of slimes, proceed to the door at the back of the building, and am told the door is locked and I don't have the key. I tried talking to Xandrof again, I tried going back to Ssilyn and talking to Shohre again. The door remains locked. Unfortunately, the save I have prior to trying this is too old, and would require me to do a whole bunch of quests over again. This seems like a bug, and I can't imagine anything I can do to overcome it, so I guess I just have to give up on this quest.

[EDIT] Yikes! Don't know how I missed the eastern door this time through. Embarrassing!

Edited by Mah Al Ibara

The door you mentioned is opened from the other side. There is another outside door to the east that leads to the route down into the mines.

There are other doors in that mine and the game that are only opened from the other side in order to make you go a certain route.

Good luck, it gets worse fighting slimes.

• Mah Al Ibara changed the title to Askama Mines--Door remains locked (My mistake, not a bug)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 1:31 PM, Randomizer said:

The door you mentioned is opened from the other side. There is another outside door to the east that leads to the route down into the mines.

There are other doors in that mine and the game that are only opened from the other side in order to make you go a certain route.

Good luck, it gets worse fighting slimes.

So sorry, I thought I had responded to this! Thank you for this!