Hitting a difficulty wall on Hard, some questions

Admiral Snackbar

My main character, a shadow walker, is starting to miss a lot more and take much more damage, even with high dexterity. I've been using the same steel short sword and steel razordisk for many levels now. Is it equipment, or is it my stats/skills that I should change? I've focused him on Dex and some Endurance, eschewing strength.

My next question is, for Nathalie, should I equip a shield on her? She dies really easily. I've just been putting all her stat points into Intelligence, but should she have some of the other three as well?

My last question is what I should be doing to make money. I did a quest a few hours ago that had a "reward" where someone would raise my skills for the paltry sum of 3000 coins each. I take a beating on all the loot I sell and I keep having to buy supplies.

Thanks for any guidance.

Equipment usually increases damage unless it has some other bonuses. Eventually you will find or be able to buy better equipment.

If you have been increasing Dexterity, then avoid getting into melee and try to kill from a distance. Dexterity and Endurance will help you evade getting it. There are also augmentations to equipment that will increase those stats and increase evasion in general.

Always improve armor to reduce damage, Also improve the middle column skills on all characters to improve damage and reduce what damage you get. The bottom left skill increases damage too.

Try to talk to everyone to get quests for money and other rewards. Eventually you will get enough money, but it is tight in the beginning.

8 minutes ago, Randomizer said:

Equipment usually increases damage unless it has some other bonuses. Eventually you will find or be able to buy better equipment.

If you have been increasing Dexterity, then avoid getting into melee and try to kill from a distance. Dexterity and Endurance will help you evade getting it. There are also augmentations to equipment that will increase those stats and increase evasion in general.

Always improve armor to reduce damage, Also improve the middle column skills on all characters to improve damage and reduce what damage you get. The bottom left skill increases damage too.

Try to talk to everyone to get quests for money and other rewards. Eventually you will get enough money, but it is tight in the beginning.

Thanks! Does the retrain cheat break the game? Nathalie has been teleporting around the battlefield since using it. Any thoughts on keeping her alive longer? I haven't found better armor for her yet.

• 1 year later...
On 3/6/2021 at 3:23 PM, Admiral Snackbar said:

My next question is, for Nathalie, should I equip a shield on her? She dies really easily. I've just been putting all her stat points into Intelligence, but should she have some of the other three as well?

I decided against a shield for her because the bigger staves are two handed weapons. But as you say, she did get knocked out quite a bit.

I'm never entirely sure about the Dex/End, but I usually try for 30 on the main stat and get those up to 15 ish.