A3:RW Can't find Ginny's ring in Sharimik

I can't seem to find Ginny's ring in Sharimik. I can get to the body in the SW corner, but when I touch it nothing happens - no ring. Or did I find this ring before and sell it? Is that possible? If so, can I replace it with another ring? This is just about the last quest on my list and I'd love to clear it off. 

The ring is a special item so you didn't sell it. However you need to have talked to Sloan and got the body's location from him to get the ring.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It's just wasting space that you need to play the game. :)

Thanks! I figured it was a special item. But here's the thing - I have talked to Sloan. However, there's a good chance I found the body BEFORE I talked to Sloan. I've gone back to the body. (So many times. So, so many times.) Did finding the body before talking to Sloan mess things up?

Hmm. I just walked through the whole thing again - talked to Ginny, talked to Sloan ("You make note of the location"), went to the body... But nothing happens (doesn't say "You don't find anything else" or anything like that). Went back to both Ginny and Sloan for good measure - just the same, original dialog. Not sure how I've messed this up, but I can't finish this quest. Oh, well...