Playing Avadon 3 without caps?

Belial666

Assuming that the various caps could be removed or bypassed, could people that have finished higher difficulties give an opinion on the following?

1) Would a high-powered Torment run (such as with your hands being at twice normal levels) be worth it?

2) At what level of power could a solo character beat Torment difficulty without it being boring?

3) What level would you say reflects Redbeard's personal power when we had to fight him in the first game?

(because I always wanted to get my sorceress that kind of power ever since that fight - Natalie has the right idea, you know?)

4) Are there any level-dependent story/mission triggers that high level/stats might mess up?

1) A high-powered Torment run, unless you are playing a tinkermage, would only need a few levels more to balance out the monsters. You need a little extra health to stay alive when facing swarms.

2) It depends upon the player since some play in God mode with maximum stats at the start and enjoy it.

3) Redbeard is about twice the party level with health and abilities.

4) It depends upon the player since some play in God mode with maximum stats at the start and enjoy it.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. It won't be needed here. :)

Thanks for the reply!

Now trying it at level 90 to see what happens. Game engine seems to be working OK - at least as far as vitality/health/ability/stat points are concerned.

r90s49.png

Since the game seems to be recognizing high stats/skills/levels fine when the caps are manually sidestepped, could a cap-removing mod be created or something? I got no programming skills so if I want to play without caps, I have to rely on manual updates via Cheat Engine.

There is no way to remove caps with a standard SW mod (i.e., replacement data files).

You appear to have edited quite a lot of data values directly in memory, because you can't actually train skills that high in-game, either. I strongly suspect you will run into occasional weirdness with everything 3 times higher than the game's combat logic may be set up to expect.

However, you definitely chose the most appropriate PC for this task :p

Well, the system had to be able to handle bigger numbers because the various bosses were using them, either in their attacks or in their stats, or both. Since a continued progression is probably easier to code than entirely new abilities, there was a chance the caps applied only to levelling choices and could be sidestepped.

A mod that might work would be a replacement in-game level-up tool that tracks high XP for levels 30+, gives you the appropriate stat/hp/vitality and 'points' and edits in the changes you select on spending them. Sort of an integrated CE table, except only giving you the appropriate point/stat amounts. As I said though, I got no programming knowledge on how to make something like that.

And yeah, I always was a fan of the sorceress.

You were assuming that enemies have the same type of stats as PC's, and that they are all handled in the same way. They do not, and they are not.

I appreciate your speculation, but what you're suggesting here is not even remotely plausible. Yes, there are ways it could theoretically be done, but they involve spending a huge amount of time dealing with assembly code. (And let's leave that topic there, please; it's not ideal for these forums.)