Main magical barriers

As far as I can remember there are at least two main barriers that level 3 Dispel Barrier spell can't take down. One is in Ziggurat, the other is in Pyrn place.

I wonder if they protect some useful artefacts one can take "before" the final fight with Garzahd, and if there is any chance to get them before the showdown.

A minor question: in the cave where Gremlin women are, there is a secret switch that opens a rock and reveals a magical barrier that I couldn't find the way to reach. How to?

As far as I can remember there are at least two main barriers that level 3 Dispel Barrier spell can't take down. One is in Ziggurat, the other is in Pyrn place.

I wonder if they protect some useful artefacts one can take "before" the final fight with Garzahd, and if there is any chance to get them before the showdown.

I don't remember the barrier you're talking about in Ornotha Ziggurat, but I know that people have cheated to get to the body right outside Pyrn's tower and found that there's nothing on it.

A minor question: in the cave where Gremlin women are, there is a secret switch that opens a rock and reveals a magical barrier that I couldn't find the way to reach. How to?

Look for more switches in the area. You'll also need to cast Move Mountains a couple of times.