Multi Floor Dungeons

krizmn

No, there shouldn't be a need for terrain scripting. Just make a new town for the second level of the dungeon, and then place a special rectangle around the stairs in the first town that calls a state with a move_to_new_town() call to move the party to the appropriate location in the second town. Of course, don't forget to create a similar rectangle in the second town that sends the party back to the first town, so that the party can go back upstairs.

I cant seem to place a special rectangle in town mode. It keeps saying for outfdoors only.

beginterrainscript;

variables;

body;

beginstate 10;

move_to_new_town (1,2,1);

break

I tried to do that for a terrain script......but it says the beginstate is invalid. Do I put the 10 into the memory cell 0?

What would be a simple terrain script to move the party to a different location?

Entering a special rectangle calls the specified state in the town script, not a terrain script. Here's what you'll need to do, dunno how many of these steps you've already done:

- Open the town in the editor, place the special rectangle, and choose a special number. I'm going to pick 10, but it can be anything.

- Open the Town Details screen (Town > Town Details) and choose a script name to put in the 'Town script' field. I'm going to pick 't0blah', but it should be something that describes your town.

- In your scenario folder, create a new text file called 't0blah.txt'. Copy the following:

begintownscript;

body;

beginstate INIT_STATE;
break;

beginstate EXIT_STATE;
break;

beginstate START_STATE;
break;

beginstate 10;
 move_to_new_town (1,2,1);
break;

Lemme know if you need any more info.