Drakeskin Boots in Ruins of Cotra (you take note of this)

So, I met a dude somewhere - Fort Dranlon, I think - who told me that a shopkeeper friend of his had been forced to flee the assault on Cotra with nothing but the clothes on his back, leaving behind a very valuable pair of Drakeskin Boots. However, he guessed that they were probably still there, since they looked like ordinary, worthless boots to anyone who didn't know exactly what to look for, making them uninteresting to the average looter. I took note of this (as the game, indeed, told me), since I've had trouble finding decent footwear.

Now, however, I'm in Cotra, and I've cleaned the place out... then gone over it twice with a fine-toothed comb. The only nice boots I found were the Gazerskin Sandals in the upper-left corner, which probably weren't what he was talking about, the source taken into consideration. I paid particular attention to anything that looked like it had once been a shop, and there aren't any suspicious black squares that might indicate a hidden room anywhere. Have I missed them somehow? If so, where are they? Or is this just another throwaway line that got exported over from Avernum 2 without the boots themselves tagging along?