Trouble with 3 Quests in Crystal Souls

I am having trouble with three quests:

1. Find Location of Portal

2. Find Onyx Scepter

3. Talk to Athron

Find Location of Portal.

I found the location in the Empire Archives. Returned to Tower of Magi. Mahdavi refuses to recognize it and tells me I need to find the location of the Portal. How do I get her to recognize it?

Find Onyx Scepter

I found the Scepter (It is listed in my special items list). Return to Mahdavi and ask her what to do next. She says I have to find the Onyx Scepter. How do I get her to recognize it?

Talk to Athron

Talked to Erika. She sends me to Athron. I arrive and stand on pentagram. Voice says he doesn't want to see me and to get out. I have gone out and returned and now get no response at all. Returned to Erika but no help there. How do I get to see Athron?

I can't progress the game until I can get the above tasks accomplished. Would appreciate any help.

1. Location of the Portal - You need to find in the indecies the two locations related to the Portal and then go to them to get the location and ritual to reach the Portal.

2. Find Onyx Scepter - Some of those don't go away when they should. Keep on with the quest line.

3. Talk to Athron - Athron really hates guests so you need to find a hidden switch to a portal and keep going through it until Athron lets you meet her.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Once upon a time you would have been required to bash your head against a wall. :)

Athron - to speak with Athron, you have to be persistent and impose on the dragon a bit. Look for a hidden switch.

Portal location / Scepter - I wondered about Madhavi's lack of response to these accomplishments as well. I believe you are on your own. Once you have the scepter and know the location, it's up to you to simply go there and deal with things.

Mahdavi may only recognize her tasks being completed in a certain order. Did you do the other parts of her quest -- like learn the ritual from Pyrn?

For Athron, you need to be persistent. Don't leave after you stand on the pentagram, look for a way in.

Edited by Slartibus
sniiiiiiiiiiiped