Something About Geneforge 2.

kuo

I've played the whole series, and something I've noticed is that while the first game gets referenced a lot, e.g "A shaper discovered the secrets of lalala, in some mysterious place", or the name of the rebel territory at the end of Geneforge 5....

Geneforge 2 doesn't ever seem to come up. I don't think I've ever seen any references to the PC or story in Geneforge 2, besides drakons talking about Easss. I don't think the word Drypeak is even mentioned once in later games...

I'm a real fan of Geneforge 2, so I'm sorta disappointed.

Anybody know of places in other games where it's brought up?

The mountains where Ghaldring has his fortress in G5 are the Drypeak Mountains.

In G4, there's also some discussion of the lands beyond the Turabi Gate in Illya Province being the area where Drypeak is. Additionally in this game, there's a Servile in Derenton Freehold that gives the story of the whole saga up to that point, including his time with the Takers at Drypeak.

There are other notes about Geneforge 2 that I can't recall off the top of my head, but I can't recall them at the moment.

Sucia Island is where the Geneforge was created and the Sholai attempted to learn the secrets of the Shapers. The Ashen Isles is where the rebellion finally blossomed. In retrospect, G2 does little more than serve as a bridge between those events. It does however get mentioned from time to time - Zakary and Barzahl are mentioned by name in both G3 and G4, and Easss is mentioned even more often. Drypeak is referenced in G4 and in G5. I think there just aren't a lot events in G2 that merit discussion many years later in the midst of full-on war (I believe canon is that the Shapers simply eradicated everything in Drypeak between G2 and G3), but it's not as though it's entirely forgotten.