How big?

fataddict

I just picked up the game today. This is what I have been looking for. Thanks to GoG for supporting publishers like this.

So how big is the world? I have read that it is enormous, but how big is enormous? Each map area seems to be about the same size, so approximatley how many unique map areas are in the game? Should I expect 50, 200, or 2000 unique map areas in the game?

I also read a quick play through will be about 30 hours. How many hours would I invest if I accomplished every side quest.

I know the game just launched so if you don't know maybe you can share similar details about the first Avadon.

Thanks guys.

Number of unique areas? It's kind of hard to say, and depends on how one defines an area. Counting Avadon, there are about 20 major map zones, but most of these have multiple levels. Counting all of the levels, probably about 50, but some of those are much larger than others. As for playtime, I've done nearly everything, and am about to go into the endgame with roughly fifty hours on the clock. How long the endgame is I'm not sure yet, but I doubt it will be more than 5 hours.

For sake of comparison, it's definitely longer than the first Avadon. The first game I'd say was about 25 hours on a quick run, 40 or a little more if you did all the sidequests and optional content. The second game is noticeably but not tremendously longer. It's a little shorter than Spiderweb's other recent games (I found both Avernum 6 and Escape From The Pit to be about 60 hours if one did all the things), but the difference isn't as dramatic as with the first Avadon.

30 to 40 hours depending upon difficulty level, number of side quests done, and how often you die and reload. The first time is longer and a few of the scripted fights are longer until you find out tricks to shorten them.

At least if you do the final boss fight it no longer takes over an hour.