Font Size

nasenbaer

I remember a thread of a visual impaired guy mentioning how hard it is for him to read jeffs games and he kindly asked if something could be done about it. I'm gladly not visual impaired, but even I can't read the game comfortable while playing on the TV. The Font has two flavors: too small and yet small but a bit better to read. Why doesn't jeff leave the stoneage of bitmap fonts cut out of bitmap files? Really, it would be sooo easy to make the fonts scalable if he would invest some time into it!

Btw, the reason why I'm playing on my PC connected to the TV is the fact, that Avadon 2 is eating up an entire CPU core and therefor my notebook is getting very loud after a while. This is also stoneage coding aka really shitty code. Sorry if I don't use kinder words, but this is mentioned months and years ago and jeff doesn't care. So it seems it needs louder words ...

Jeff is a self-taught programmer, and prioritises learning what's necessary to make his games keep working at all as operating systems advance over learning how to make them work optimally for everyone: if something basically works for most people, he's reluctant to change it. But if enough people complain directly to him about something, it might be changed. So if you feel strongly about this issue, feel free to email Spiderweb Software.

I've set the font to largest and it is still quite small. When the dialogue boxes open I am straining to see what it says (yes I do need reading glasses). It is a bit frustrating as the box usuallly has three quarters blank space and a small amount of text at the top. Also the font itself is horrible and not very clear. Still I really love all Spiderweb games!