My grandpa just passed, not a good year

Death Knight

Well this year has officially marked/taken many people from my life and its very sad. So many good things have happened with work and regular life, but so many people have passed in the process. First it was my beloved dog annie who died, then my friend larry who was still young, now my grandfather. When does it end? The one thing that brings me back from a point of complete sadness is this community and its people. But even then people are losing people. On top of catastrophes like Newtown-2013 is not a good year. He was like a beacon of hope. If he knew any of you, he would consider you/treat you like his children. Can it get any worse?

Thanks for the support. The thing I can't understand is how he managed to raise himself when he was out of consciousness. My dad and sister came back upstairs to his hospital room and unlike before he was awake and raring to go. He instantly said that he loved all of us and then right after saying that, he passed. I cant understand how he managed it as he was so physically frail (90 lbs). He will be missed. I just hope that things get a bit better, we've been losing good people and its just lame.

I think its worse when it affects you more than others. I told my parents that its so disgusting having to watch people go that I'd rather ride shotgun and me pass than watch them or my brother/sisters go. Im not saying that Im selfish because of that, but I would rather deal with the pain/suffering rather than watch people closest deal with it. I think pain is bad for you the person, but watching those pass is worse as its torment.

-Mmxpert, condolences to your uncle. The best thing you can do is care for your aunt. That's what I have to do for my grandmother as she cant believe pop is gone.

It's important to remember that your grandfather's own grandfather died, too. Your grandfather probably lost a lot of people he loved, in the course of his life. He grieved but went on.

Your grandfather grieved but went on to live his own life, for which others were grateful, including you. If you can remember that, and use it to help build your own life, then that's one more thing he can have given you. I bet he'd want you to have it.