Change character sprite/ appearence in G4

Geneforge 4 ~ I want to play as the infiltrator but want the abilities of a shocktrooper. Shocktrooper was G2500 - G2525 and Infiltrator was G2450 - G2375. I switched them by renaming the .bmp files with each other.

But now when i play the head is at the bottom, feet at the top, and a blue line at the bottom of the character. How do i fix this?

It causes the Geneforge engine to spawn cancerous fluffy turtles, which in turn devour the sanity on the game, causing it to crash.

-----

What in the above statement meant: Don't repeat that mistake.

If you wanted to play badly as an infiltrator skin, I might try harnessing the powers of The Geneforge Plastic Surgery.

-----

-Nightwatcher

Nightwatcher, please don't make joke posts in threads where people are asking for help and haven't received it. It's rather frustrating to get useless responses when you are having a problem.

Anyway, changing graphics is quite difficult in Geneforge. First and foremost, you'll end up changing the graphics for all the people or creatures of that type. Thankfully, switching two types around won't cause too many oddities. Second, since the graphic icons and sheets are different sizes, there are template scripts that tell the game what size particular graphics are. There just might be instructions for changing graphics somewhere on this forum, but mostly you'll be on your own to figure it out. The file you are looking for is located in the scripts folder and called "gf4floorster." The graphic templates are at the beginning. Also note that each PC has three separate templates. Third, the graphic templates are very finicky, and tend to crash the game if done wrong. Save a copy of gf4floorster before you begin, and expect some frustration.

Dikiyoba.