A:EftP - Grah Hoth Fight Tactics

I had the weirdest thing happen. I was playing as my 2 fighters and 1 hedge wizard. I got up to the demon lord Hoth and he spoke his obsceneties. After that, my first fighter cast a scroll which frenzied my whole party and with the remaining ap, got close to the skeletons on left. My tank/stronger fighter went to hoth and started slashing him. My wizard cast 2 spells of arcane blow at grah hoth and took a great chunk out of him. This went on without almost anyone getting hit for alot for the next 4 rounds. I got him to 35% of his health and the gazers came and that ended my little battle.

It was such a shame as every attempt after that was a disgrace and never went how I wanted. Had i thought of using invulnerable potions the 1st attempt i would have beaten him.

I am playing on normal, what is the best offense-my 2 fighters going balls out in the beginning while my mage spellcasts, then invulnerable pots for all?

Or should I try to use my tanks as defense and use my mage as offense?

I kind of wish i could go back to my first try ;)

The summons appear as Grah-Hoth takes damage. It pays to concentrate on Grah-Hoth at the start and ignore the first two groups of summoned monsters. They have the weakest to hits and damages so you can let them surround the party and act as shields to keep away the stronger monsters. Then your mage can go after the later summons and especially the gazers because they heal with range attacks.

One really good tactic is to use a battle frenzy item to race for the hidden switch north of the throne. This opens a passage to the east that makes a great defensive position to fight the hordes of summoned monsters.