To Hit from What?

Ok. I'm looking at Mages, Armor, and To Hit matters. One: Mages can bear one -5 piece of armor without problems for their spells. (No sword mage trait is assumed or is ignored for this purpose) Some weapons have a +5 to hit trait---longbows, broadswords (yes, I know about the broadsword 2nd hit bug which with a mage is not an issue to me for this purpose), possibly some other items I haven't taken notes on yet. If I have a +5 weapon in each of my weapon slots, I should be able to use a -10 piece of armor, theoretically. Is this more than theory? Also since there is spill over between Mage spells & -armor & + weapons, Is mage to hit as in to hit with the spells the mage casts also affected by the weapons or spells. As in a total to hit on mage spell based items (IQ + Mage Spell on the tree) increased by +5 to hit with spells by the carrying of & selection of a +5 weapon at the time one is trying to fry that nasty poison shooting bug in combat. Or not?

Confused?

So is Keet & information is welcome.

Back to the cold pills in search of clarity,

Keet

Well it shouldn't work this way, but it does. Weapon and other equipment bonuses and penalties affect both a mage's ability to hit with spells and the -5% armor limit. Early in the game you might miss with spells, but by the end you won't notice that.

Using a longbow and other + to hit weapons allows a mage to use armor until the middle of the game where you find armor without penalties.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door. Jeff's reality then makes sense. :)