A:EftP - hawthorne strategies

I just killed hawthorne and was wondering what strategies would work in that situation. For me, I used invulnerability potion and that made it pretty easy. (in normal difficulty)

I tried with ward of elements, but 4 golemn fire rings would still nearly completely drain all the characters even at level 35, and with additional damage from the humans (guards/mages/etc), I think you're over powered. Killing the humans doesn't seem to be an option since you can't kill them off fast enough.

So I'm wondering if there are any other strategies to get past that part. Invulnerability feels a bit like a cheat since it completely turns the battle upside down.

You pretty much have to do whatever you can to damage the golems as fast as possible: if you try to fight defensively and turn it into a battle of attrition, you'll lose unless you're relying on invulnerability. Once you're in the final phase of the fight, you should try to take Hawthorne down before the golems get another turn.

interesting. I had my 2 melee guys attack 1 golemn, thinking it'll die eventually but it seemed like the golmens cannot be killed. So perhaps damaging all golemns as fast as possible speeds up the.. uh, the "process" to the last phase of the battle? (I guess writing it out would be a spoiler) I recall it took a good 4-5 rounds (maybe even more?) before I got the last phase of the battle, which means quite a lot of aggregate damage from the golemns were I not using invulnerability.

Originally Posted By: kensuguro
interesting. I had my 2 melee guys attack 1 golemn, thinking it'll die eventually but it seemed like the golmens cannot be killed. So perhaps damaging all golemns as fast as possible speeds up the.. uh, the "process" to the last phase of the battle? (I guess writing it out would be a spoiler) I recall it took a good 4-5 rounds (maybe even more?) before I got the last phase of the battle, which means quite a lot of aggregate damage from the golemns were I not using invulnerability.

Yeah, that's correct: you can't kill the golems directly for most of the fight, but the more damage you do to them, the faster you'll weaken Hawthorne's shield.