BoE crashes/registry prob

Rosycat

I have two computers, a fairly advanced PC and a four-year old Apple Powerbook. In the past I have always registered Spidweb's games on the Mac because they came out sooner for it. However, that computer is getting fairly old and the keyboard is even missing a couple key caps. Also, it does not have easy internet access.

I would like to register BoE on my spanking new PC, but in the demo, although I can use the Scen. Editor fine on it, it crashes the computer when ever I try to make a party for Valley of Dying Things. I've tried re-downloading it. Doesn't work. Oh, and there are no tech problems on my Powerbook.

Does anybody know whether the crashes would go away if I registered on the PC, or should I just put up with my fuddy-duddy Mac?

confused

Thanks,

-Rosycat

I have run that demo on a Pentium I, a Pentium II and my current custom made AMD. With windows 95, 98 and 2000. It never crashed.

Should you use XP, that can be fairly unpredictable at times. I hear that there are patches for a better compatibility, especially with older games.

Quote:
Originally posted by ef:
I have run that demo on a Pentium I, a Pentium II and my current custom made AMD. With windows 95, 98 and 2000. It never crashed.
Should you use XP, that can be fairly unpredictable at times. I hear that there are patches for a better compatibility, especially with older games.
I think Win XP users can set the compatibility options for BoE to running in "Windows Me" mode (since the games works fine on WinMe).