Spiderweb on GOG!

timppu

http://www.gog.com/news/release_geneforge_15

I was very happy to see Spiderweb in gog.com today. Even more I was amazed by the competitive price for this DRM-free release, $9.99 for the Geneforge 1-5 bundle.

You have one more very happy customer, and I hope your games will sell buttloads also on GOG. Hope to see more GOG releases from you soon!

(I have bought Avadon before as part of a Humble Bundle, but this is my first true Spiderweb purchase. Probably not the last.)

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
Originally Posted By: Rupert
As much as I know that it probably isn't 100% compatible with certain modern OSs, I'd still love to see the original Exile trilogy on there.
Probably? How about definitely.

I don't know - had it working on Vista and Windows 7 (admittedly with some tweaking for the latter - although now I think of it, I wonder if it'd just run fine in DOSBox). I'd just bet a great deal that the same can't be said for Mac OSs.

Originally Posted By: Tyranicus
As much as I know that it probably isn't 100% compatible with certain modern OSs, I'd still love to see the original Exile trilogy on there.
Probably? How about definitely.

I don't know - had it working on Vista and Windows 7 (admittedly with some tweaking for the latter - although now I think of it, I wonder if it'd just run fine in DOSBox). I'd just bet a great deal that the same can't be said for Mac OSs.
The Exile games are 16-bit Windows executables. They will not work on 64-bit Windows at all. Virtually all new PCs have 64-bit processors and come with the 64-bit version of Windows 7. As the games are Windows executables, they will not run natively in DOSBox. If one were to install Windows 3.1 in DOSBox, one can play them (on a Mac as well as a PC btw), but that is not something that a company can actually sell.

It would be cool if Jeff would release the original Exile trilogy as open-source, then I imagine it would be pretty easy to modernize, given that most of the hoofwork was been done with Blades.

However, I would imagine there would be legal issues, since he would still be selling the 3D exile series and the new 3D exile remake.