G2 - Learned Darian won't sell to me

Sterno

I found Learned Darian in Darian's Sanctuary, but I did it after completely clearing the Rising Bridge map, including the mad battle beta there.

Darian refuses to sell to me, saying she needs the items for defense while the battle betas to the east are still around. As I said, I cleared them all out to the east already. The walkthrough on GameFaqs suggests Darian will give you a quest to kill the battle beta and sell to you once you complete it, but she's not actually giving me a quest.

Did I screw this up by killing the battle beta before she ever asked me to, or is Rising Bridge not the area she's talking about?

Okay, turns out that there is a different path in the dialogue tree that I hadn't taken, which leads to her giving the quest, which I could then immediately tell her I'd completed.

On the really small chance someone else runs into this, here's how you get the quest. When talking to her select the following:

1. "What do you do out here?"

2. "You are having a problem with some rogues?"

3. "You support the killing of a fellow creation?"

That should give you the quest. After that, when you talk to her the option to turn in the quest should be in the top level of her conversation tree.

• 5 months later...