Weird Bug...[G5]

Okay, so I've been having a weird bug lately. Some people's dialogue things have been erased. What I mean is that for example, when I try to talk to Captain Valenta in Minallah, it comes up with the, "You make some small talk, but you don't learn anything interesting" thing that comes up for unimportant characters. So basically I can't talk to him at all (or Commander Pritz, or the guard at the Purity Workshop gates). I tried reinstalling, didn't work. Yes, I have done some scripting, but I've only messed with gf5itemschars and gf5objsmisc, which shouldn't affect dialogue. I'm stumped.

Originally Posted By: CrystalBolt
Yes, I have done some scripting, but I've only messed with gf5itemschars and gf5objsmisc, which shouldn't affect dialogue. I'm stumped.

Uh... if you edit the game's files and something goes wrong, that's not a bug, that's a messed up definitions file.

We don't know everything about how they are set up -- Jeff's never talked about them -- so it is in fact plausible that you could affect dialogue that way.

What exactly were the changes you made?

Okay, looking at g5itemschars, I'm going to guess that you either changed the order some of the definitions appear in, or edited or deleted early definitions -- which then affected which definitions were covered by certain relevant calls -- probably cr_default_attitude.