Attack timing

eaintree

I'm on my 3rd playthrough of Avadon. I love the game: if I didn't I wouldn't have played it 3 times. There's one small thing that keeps irking me:

The graphics of each character's attack takes 2 to 3 seconds to hit and dissipate: the green cloud from a Shadowwalker's poisonous melee attack, Jenelle's magical "claw", a Firestorm from Nathalie. You can't initiate the next character's action while that graphic's happening, you have to just watch it each time, which to me makes the combat feel less realistic. Real combat would happen simultaneously. No idea if that's something Jeff has ever considering changing, but I would appreciate it...

Originally Posted By: eaintree
Real combat would happen simultaneously.

This is a turn-based combat system, simultaneity isn't supposed to happen. There were actually many complaints like yours when the game first came out. The graphical delay is more substantial than it has been in previous games. I'm not sure if this is just for Avadon or all future games.

Originally Posted By: Master1
The graphical delay is more substantial than it has been in previous games. I'm not sure if this is just for Avadon or all future games.

It is quite noticeable in all games released after A5 (G5, A6, Avadon). I don't remember whether the animations were so long and numerous in A5 itself or not.

Dikiyoba.