Create Anything Cheat[G5]

Pyrrhus

There's no such cheat through shift-D, but you can do that with scripts. This one will give you the points in all the creation types and spells, but you have to make some progress in the plot to use it.

—Alorael, who leaves it as an exercise for the reader to look at that script and use it to make the same effect happen wherever else is convenient.

You replace the z7coredlg.txt script with the one you just downloaded. It's in Geneforge Files/Scripts.

—Alorael, who wouldn't edit creations for this unless you are very comfortable with scripting and ready to edit things back so the game isn't ridiculous due to low-level creations you encounter wiping you out with ease.

Just to clarify, the file you downloaded has exactly the same name as an existing script, and is in fact the same thing with the cheat added to it. You want to put it in the scripts folder so that Geneforge reads from that new file and puts the cheat in.

It shouldn't matter that it's read-only, but if you want to edit it you can, depending on your word processor, either use Save As to simply create a new file or copy all the information and paste it into a new document.

—Alorael, who has noticed that Word now really likes to make all downloaded files read-only. Software is becoming more unfriendly in his old age.

Read the thread I linked to. It gives you five points in every spell and shaping. You have to provide the points in fire/magic/battle shaping yourself, and you have to get to the Foundry Core (and not have already used the Geneforge) to use it.

—Alorael, who thinks it shouldn't be too hard to move the bonuses to somewhere earlier if that's what you need. You can also have it give you a bunch of intelligence for essence and those shaping skills. He's left with a question: why is it so important to you to kill the wingbolt with creations?

It also bears noting that you can do this without using any cheats. I've beaten the wingbolts on torment with just the creations I got in the Whitespires, though that required a lot of reloading. Also, I'd done pretty much everything else one could do in there (besides the repository, obviously) before leaving for the Mera-tev. If this interests you, I recommend using corrupted thahds to box them into corners so that they only use melee attacks (which hit hard, but aren't one-hit kills like their ranged attacks), with some ranged backup to keep hitting them with steady damage (probably cryoas, since fyoras can't hit them reliably, and artilas do energy damage, plus the acid is superfluous because of the thahds).

Originally Posted By: Pyrrhus
Will this cheat let me create the burning kyshaaks and firebolts?

Originally Posted By: the most valuable P's
Read the thread I linked to. It gives you five points in every spell and shaping. You have to provide the points in fire/magic/battle shaping yourself...

To create those creations, you need 3 levels of the creation shaping and the appropriate skill in that shaping discipline. As Alorael stated, this cheat will give you the levels of creation shaping but not the levels in the discipline.

Can you move a file into the Scripts folder if it doesn't share a name with any existing files? Can you rename files?

—Alorael, who supposes that this is fixable, if a hassle. Someone else can set up G5 with the script installed and let you download it. But it's very strange that you can install but not modify the program.

To do that, you would have to move the original Scripts folder to let the new one take its place. If you can't make changes within the game's Scripts folder, I doubt that you could move or rename it. Operating systems have gotten a lot more restrictive for non-administrator accounts.

You could go about this backwards. Create a new Geneforge folder, a new Geneforge Files folder, and a new Scripts folder. Move everything except the script you're replacing from the old folder to the new one, then put the cheat script in. Should work.

—Alorael, who at least can assure you you don't have to buy the game again if you bought it directly from Spiderweb. You should already have a registration code. If you don't, or lost it, you can ask Jeff for another one.