Following orian

blm14

This is driving me nuts. I looked at the map referenced in this thread:

http://theturtlemoves.webs.com/Maps/Berpit.png

I stand off in the woods, just down and to the right of the orange star, with the edge of the camp just in sight. I see orian, I wait. We walks away, I wait. I go to the camp to inspect and...... nothing. What am I doing wrong

When you follow him around, you have to stay close enough to see him but far enough away that he doesn't notice you until he gets to the right camp. He'll notice you eventually no matter what, but if you catch him doing something while he's in the camp then you can finish the quest. If he just walks on through the camp without doing anything, you were either too close or not close enough: keep following him and try to maintain the right distance.

If you're getting this message at the bottom of the screen:

"The wandering woodsman sees you nearby. He looks nervous."

you're too close. If you're not getting any message, you're too far away. I think the sweet spot is 4 or 5 spaces away from him.

Edit: Some of the information in this thread is inaccurate. An updated map of the Beraza Pits and the precise instructions for catching Orian can now be found here.