Just brought this game off Steam.

Kexin

I'm not asking for Mass Effect here, but I am expecting at least BG or Fallout 2 level of animations and fluff. A paper doll would be nice too. Is it too much ask that my gear actually shows up on my character so I can see a little progression? I'm loving the game so far, I just wish it wasn't so bare bones in terms of visual and polish. I would gladly pay more say $20-30 for this game with improved graphics. Perhaps a DLC maybe.

Those graphics just aren't going to happen. Increasing the complexity of graphics increases the number of sprites exponentially, and graphics are already a cost sticking point for these games. Fallout and Baldur's Gate were created by big-name studios; these games are mostly by one man who hires freelancers for graphics.

—Alorael, who thinks the problem is that most people wouldn't spend $20-30 more for graphics that are a decade out of date instead of roughly 15 years out of date.