Exile II crash (very repeatable, OS X only)

Duskwolf

I'm running Exile II (v2.0.3) under Classic (Mac OS X 10.4.8, G4, 1024x768). I'm getting a repeatable crash in the ambush in the Almaria stockroom. It appears to happen as soon as one of the guards is up to bat. Macsbug tells me it's occurring in do_monster_turn, often in the middle of an instruction - perhaps there's some stack corruption?

I've got a copy of v1.0.3 around, but it seems similarly affected. Fortunately, I was able to finish up the battle just fine on an older machine (OS 8.1, running natively). Any idea what the issue is here, or do I just have to live with the occasional crash?

(I can do some more in-depth debugging if necessary. I've actually made several minor code modifications to the game which I might consider releasing with Spiderweb's permission.)

Quote:
Originally written by Duskwolf:
(I can do some more in-depth debugging if necessary. I've actually made several minor code modifications to the game which I might consider releasing with Spiderweb's permission.)
Your best bet is to ask them directly by email. Be warned that SW gets mighty touchy about this sort of thing, though.