Gryfyn's box [spoilers]

Cala

Finally finished the game, was really impressed at how some of the loose ends were tied up at the end.

Click to reveal..

Shadow Tarkus for one, probably should have guessed but didn't. Also everything sort of fell into place when I realized Miranda had been setting it up; I'd wondered how many other hands were as messed up as my friends. Loved it!

Yet, one thing was driving me just a little bit crazy. When chatting with Gryfyn before escaping his castle, he did a sort of nervous glance to the NW corner of his room upon mentioning

Click to reveal..
his Tawon employers.

After the conversation, I strut over there and discover a switch, which appears to open up a little alcove in the previous room. Inside that tiny space is a single blue box. Sure this will be full of enlightening information, I open it... and discover only that it is empty. What?? That seemed rather anti-climatic since this was referred to in the dialogue, after all. Did anyone get anything else from that?

Ahh that makes sense! Yes, I did open a nearby door and I did find a box containing recently burnt information(with nevertheless a scrap remaining). I see how that switch could be a back up for those who ran out of lockpicks, but it is quite anticlimatic and nonsensical for those of us who found by lockpicking!