Frying the brain in 2 easy steps

Tracer Bullet

Depending on how the AI was programmed, I'd say an average player would be better off playing a really simple defensive system, like the London or the Stonewall, since trying to get into a really tactical position like an Alekhine or a position where you're down material could go south very quickly. Furthermore, the game isn't really very fair for Black, since White can just aggressively develop strong pieces on the third rank, where Black can't see them or defend from them but White can threaten mate in a few moves. Personally, I'd probably play something along the lines of e3/e4, Qf3, Bc4, and then go for the mate on f6.Very strong and just about impossible to defend against.

...this is why I don't like chess variations. They tend to be more about gimmicks than about tactics and strategy, though Bughouse is pretty fun sometimes, even if it is frustrating to be annihilating your opponent and then get mated because your partner let you down.

Originally Posted By: Lilith
The Dark Chess AI doesn't actually seem to play very well: I beat it soundly and I'm pretty bad at chess. Advancing pawns aggressively in tandem to scout out where the opponent is while protecting your more valuable pieces seems to be a good strategy.

I lost soundly and I'm pretty good at chess. I guess it's one of those things that it's easier to do if you're less preconditioned to do it a certain way.