Blue screen of death on Exile III

Joseph Kerstein

Hello people. Once again, I come to your forums a desperate man. I recently fired up Exile III and have encountered a blue screen of death. I am running Exile III on an Intel Gateway using Windows XP pro. Shortly into the game doing any particular thing I get a BSOD. Here is the stop error message...

0x000000D1 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x85cd83dc)

Does anyone have any clue how to fix this...? Feel free to ask any questions that seem relevant to solving this issue, because I'd LOVE to get back to this game...

Check your graphics card drivers: find the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver. That's the most likely cause.

Edit: Today I have followed my own advice and would add this: don't just rely on your computer manufacturer to tell you about driver updates, go to the actual component manufacturer, it can be a LOT more up to date.

Originally Posted By: Micawber
Check your graphics card drivers: find the manufacturer's website and download the latest driver. That's the most likely cause.

Edit: Today I have followed my own advice and would add this: don't just rely on your computer manufacturer to tell you about driver updates, go to the actual component manufacturer, it can be a LOT more up to date.

Negative. I have the most up-to-date drivers already installed. Exile III is an old game, and I've had this problem before on this specific computer exclusively with this one particular game - no others, nor on any other computer. Any other suggestions? I really love the game, and I can play it for a while before it blue screens. For now I'll put up with it, but I'd prefer to be blue screen free.

Then it sounds like it's system specific, maybe even a hardware issue. Whenever I've had regular blue screens (not Exile-related but speaking generally), it always seems to end up with buying a new component and/or reinstalling the OS frown

You could try posting the system specification, in particular your graphics card model, and googling the same, just in case someone else has found a solution.