Terrain question

Jerakeen

How do you make a terrain call a script state when a character's movement is blocked by it, for example if they bump into a control panel or something? I know that the specobj script lets you call a state when the terrain is searched, but I was looking to make it easier. I think I've seen instructions for this, but now I can't find them. crazy

Originally Posted By: The Turtle Moves
Interesting. Seems fancier than what I need right now, but it looks like digging through Kelandon's scripts would be a useful exercise.

I did make a bunch of scripts to be a little more general than their current application, so feel free to use whatever you'd like. My intention was to reuse them myself in a variety of circumstances. A lot of them do very simple things.

I think Search-Block (dummy.txt in Exodus) is the most straightforward but general "Do stuff when the party interacts with this space" script.

Originally Posted By: Kelandon
I think Search-Block (dummy.txt in Exodus) is the most straightforward but general "Do stuff when the party interacts with this space" script.

Yes, I saw that. I've already learned quite a lot from looking at your town scripts. The guardpost script from Bahssikava in particular was invaluable to me when I was trying to figure out how string manipulation calls worked. And other things. It has so much going on that it's kind of my go-to resource for real examples of scripting in action.

Originally Posted By: Kelandon
... feel free to use whatever you'd like.

Thanks, I will!