Avernum 6 tornment difficulty

5u62er0

HI all.I just started Avernum and currenntly im on lvl 14 for each.I have 1 tank, 1 dual , 1 mage and 1 pries.I wonder if its possible to finish avernum on this difficulty.I never played it before but im familiar with spiderbeb games.For now im on ogres quest near great portal, just killing the demon for anvil quest(on hard only once :))), and it seems impossible for me to beat em, each do 50 dmg to my tank and poison, tank died in 2 hits :S.I think i made mistake to put 13 lockpick for my mage, hm anyway my question is if its possible to beat game or should i swith difficulty, because i cannot do so many quest because i just die in 2-3 hits,i finishd geneforge on tornment, and like to finish this too, maybe some tips?Ty all for any possible help and tips :)) really apresiate, this game seems impossible for now :))

It's possible to finish on torment, but it seems like you need to go elsewhere to get a few more levels. Torment difficulty requires putting more skill points towards endurance to increase your health points and reduce the effects of poison (8 to 10 at this point in the game). Just go north to Mertis and explore the Honeycomb to get some more experience.

Welcome to Spiderweb Software. Please leave your sanity at the door.

It's good to keep in mind that aside from the main plot quests, you aren't necessarily supposed to do all quests when you get them. Most sidequests are doable when you get them, but some just aren't, and some are possible but murderously difficult. If a sidequest seems too hard, it's generally better to come back later, unless you really like beating your head against brick walls...in which case, may I recommend Avadon's self-replicating bricks?

And yes, Torment is definitely beatable.