G4 -- Did I miss something? (Moseh and the East Barrier Zone)

My once-per-Geneforge cry for help is coming a little early this time. I'm playing through Geneforge 4 as a (mostly) non-combat rebel so far and I'm loving every minute. However, I'm slightly stuck.

I finished the mission to eliminate Moseh (he captured me, sapped some of my strength, but was killed when I managed to turn half his creations against him -- it was awesome laugh ). When I returned, Pirik told me to go through the East Barrier and help out the rebels to the north. I thought maybe now that Moseh was dead, the creations on the surface would be passive or have dispersed, but no luck. All the routes through seem to be blocked by hostile creatures or turrets.

I could probably pretty easily kill most the creations with some guerrilla tactics, but I was hoping to avoid that. I rescued the rebel soldiers south of there hoping they might help me out, but they headed off west instead. I don't really want to be told exactly what to do, but just to confirm that there's still a way to the Fens of Aziraph without fighting my way there.

I'm especially confused since East Barrier Zone turned green, like I should have no trouble crossing, and Pirik sent me off as if I'd just be able to casually walk on through there. But it's shaping up to be a bigger hurdle than taking down Moseh was.

Turning green only helps if you have the next zone on your world map.

Go back into the tunnels under the zone and search around. You might find a way to avoid most of the creations Pro-Shapers have an easier time here.

Otherwise you can dodge most of the creations, but you will have to destroy a few turrets to get through on the surface.

Good luck.