A6 - New user - Stuck in Patrick's tower

vizier

Hi all. I am new to the series, but wow, amazing game you guys have made here. Worth every penny.

Any who, I was going along fine until I got to the part where you have to clear out the caves under patricks tower.

I killed all the worms, the fungus beast, and the "squatters" to the north, but every time I go to turn the wheel it tells me the squatters arent dead yet.

Ive been through the whole cave many times and the only monsters that are left alive are:

1. Group of 3 trained wolves (high lvl)

2. Chained up demon (Ive beaten him a couple times but I get killed by his pals)

3. Some shades to the north east, they seem to be for a different quest and again too high level.

What do I need to do to be able to turn the wheel and move on? I am playing the game on "hard" and Id rather not have to cheat the difficulty to beat the high level stuff I found.

Have you tried using all your combat tricks? Buff and summons and slowing and only trying to engage one or two rather than the whole group? Taking advantage of potions and scrolls and wants?

It's just surprising to me because I don't remember the wolves being that hard, and I'm surprised you could beat the fungal beastie but find the wolves harder. Ah well. Good luck!!

Those wolves are pretty tough. IIRC, they're facing south. If you approach them from the northeast, near the chasm, you can often get them to come at you one at a time. Even if all of them do come at you, it's narrow enough there to retreat so that only one can get at you. Your healer should be able to keep up with the damage while everybody else goes on offense.

Also, I seem to remember them as being charmable.

• 3 weeks later...