A6 - dwell clicker in A-6?

sh1wn

Hi, I am a quadriplegic and I was surprised to find that I could play avernum 1&2 and there where no problems with my naturalpoint headmouse, the onscreen keyboard and a dwell clicker, sometimes I have to click on the help to get to the task bar and bring the keyboard to the front but it stays after that. After my last few trys of buying games, only to find I can't piay them makes me appreciate shareware more. I had planed to buy both CD's but I figured I better try the avernum 6 demo first, it installed and ran fine and I can use my mouse but it will not register the click from the dwell clicker. I was thinking of trying to find a different dwell clicker on the net but I thought you guys might be able to help me out, is there any keys or combination I can press for the mouse click? Or know of a dwell clicker that will work with A6? I'm happy to play A1 but A6 looks cool.

Thanks

Shawn

I have done some reading on dwell clicker, and it doesn't make sense that it is not working in A6. One thing that I came across is voice activated mouse clicks. Right now there is a program on the mac...

http://atmac.org/voice-activated-mouse-clicks-with-macspeech-dictate

Dragon Naturally Speaking can also accomplish this. But their site is spartan and unclear on if its included in the product, or something that a user added on to it.

Would something like this help you?

To be honest, I had assumed there would be more programs like this available. If your using a pc, and not a mac, there are also some other interesting things that you can do by using autohotkey. In playing MMOs I could control 3 characters at once by clever use of scripts. Linking a program like Dragon with autohotkey would open up a TON of possibilities.

I think part of the problem may be that in default mode A6 takes over the screen and input functions, so other programs/extensions don't get in between the device and the game, like you need.

Have you tried playing the game in a separate window rather than full screen mode? You can select this mode in the game options.

Ya, I have tryed a few dwell clickers and still no luck. Dragon doesn't work very well for me but I tryed it today and I can only get it to click about 1 out of 5 trys. I know I will figure it out if I keep trying. I might just find a mouse and wire a switch to it so I can click with my mouth. Thanks for all your help.