A6 - Fort Haledon ruins

Micawber

So did I miss the part where it was explained how it came to pass that Fort Haledon moved from deep within Vahnatai lands (where it was in Avernum 2) to become ruined at the site of Camp Samuels (from Avernum 4) which itself had improbably relocated across the Almaria river (compared to Avernum 2).

Just wondering.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
You didn't miss anything. That was, I have to assume, just a (series of) pretty atrocious memory errors on SW's part.

This happens a lot. G5's timeline was off by an order of magnitude (200 years of Shaper rule versus 2000 in the earlier games), and I believe that some of the dragons have changed gender a few times.

The dragon gender-changing was not a big deal, considering that nobody even noticed it until I put together the Dragons article for EE. And G5's timeline was not quite that bad -- the 200 year comment was regarding Shaper rule in the Mera-Tev. While I did find that to be a confusing and unlikely number, it does not in any way contradict the "over a millenia" of Shaper rule from Heustess in G1 (I think that's the only other place it's mentioned, right?) given that the Mera-Tev was supposedly conquered more recently than any other province on Terrestia.

Originally Posted By: CRISIS on INFINITE SLARTIES
the 200 year comment was regarding Shaper rule in the Mera-Tev. While I did find that to be a confusing and unlikely number, it does not in any way contradict the "over a millenia" of Shaper rule from Heustess in G1 (I think that's the only other place it's mentioned, right?) given that the Mera-Tev was supposedly conquered more recently than any other province on Terrestia.

There are other comments, but all are relatively ambiguous. For example, (taken from the z2Tisenwooddlg.txt script)
Quote:
The Shapers have been here for centuries. And they are ready to remain for centuries more

Also, the number 2000 was sort of scattered all over the Wastes in G1- the Priest shade mentions it, Heustess mentions it, and I believe that Gottesch mentions it.