E2: Amber Periapt

SirNick

I'm a fan of the various unique items scattered about Exile games, especially in Exile 2.

However, in a random shop, I just found a necklace by the name of an "Amber Periapt" with an ability listing "???." A fair deal of searching the hint book, the boards, FAQs, and sites with info on E2's rare items yielded nothing other than illumination about the purpose of E1's "Healing Periapt," which was a consumable, unlike this one.

Any idea what this thing does? I'd be trading in an Ivory Charm to use this, so I'd like for it to be worth the 4 defense.

Quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
No, different sources of the same resistance don't stack. You'll get only the same resistance bonus as whichever is first in your inventory list. (You don't get a cumulative bonus from two rings of Skill or Accuracy either.)
How could you wear two rings of Skill or Accuracy anyway?

I always wondered why they limited those things. I meam, in real life, you can pretty much wear an infinite number of necklaces, bracelets and rings.

EDIT: The ring restriction is especially annoying. Come on! You've got six more fingers! (I'm presuming that one doesn't wear rings on one's thumb. I suppose one could, but I would find it rather hindersome.)

The thaum orbitals of similar magic items produce destructive interference that results in either magic items that don't work or, in some case, magic items that cause spontaneous, violent implosion.

This assumes that magic items are made for all four fingers, too. While magic can reflect without changing in effects, putting it on the wrong digit can cause catastrophe. Fortunately, because you can only use two rings, the standard has become making rings for ring fingers only.

—Alorael, who has been led to understand that Avernum's one ring limit was imposed to ensure a wider margin of safety.