Not a woodsman

My shaper is a city boy. He's got a recipe for a wand. involves a gemstone, something exotic, and a stick. The gemstone he bought from the jewellry shop. Something exotic form the expensive exotic ingredients shop. But there are no stick shops.

Armed with sharp blades and a mind full of spells he set off, on his friend's advice, in to the woods. Past the trees. No sticks here. Past the random javelins, nope no sticks here either, and in to the next zone past more trees and javelins. But not a single stick. So he's just called his mate up to tell him that it is not April Fool's today, so it was unfair of him to play this prank on him.

It was silly of him to believe him anyway, if there were sticks in the woods they would be called the sticks not the woods.

My shaper is not good at lateral thinking.

Sword + Tree = stick pile

Spell + Tree = stick pile.

Javelin + Two Hands + One Knee = two sticks.

Hopefully a stick shop will open soon

Thanks

I found a stick.

The point was that although my character is a mini-god, he still has trouble with the most basic things, things that even I can manage.

Finding sticks

Walking in a straight line.

He is also very anti-social. I've been in to many inns with him, but never once has he ever shown the slightest desire to have a few beers and just chat about football. Even Frodo got drunk every once in a while.

He doesn't even have a desire to make some coin from arm-wrestling, which I'm sure he'd do pretty well at.

Originally Posted By: boggle
He is also very anti-social. I've been in to many inns with him, but never once has he ever shown the slightest desire to have a few beers and just chat about football. Even Frodo got drunk every once in a while.

He doesn't even have a desire to make some coin from arm-wrestling, which I'm sure he'd do pretty well at.

Pshhh. Everybody knows that inns are hackneyed plot devices used for story exposition and quest hooks, and not anything trivial like "food", "drink", or "rest.