Not-totally-technical Geneforge series problem

DrFraud

When I purchased the various games over the years, I didn't see any use in plunking down another five bucks per for a CD when I could just burn my own. Unfortunately, things didn't turn out quite as planned.

When I copy-and-pasted onto the current computer after my old computer's death-at-long-last, Geneforge 2 & 3 refused to run in Windows Vista. Since Geneforge 1 is older and works just fine, I'm forced to conclude that getting them off of the apparently-corrupted CD via a retrieval program damaged them somehow. What's even worse, while Geneforge 4 & 5 work just fine, I apparently stupidly copied them to the CD in question before registering either one.

I was kinda hoping somebody could help me come up with a solution that wouldn't require spending another $50-$110 on games I already bought and paid for. (My registered copies of Geneforge 4 & 5 might be retrievable from the old hard drive, but since my stepfather is the one with all the technical knowledge, and he tends to work at crippled-snail speed when it's Somebody Else's Problem, I ain't holding my breath here.)

Easy solution: download new copies of the games and email Spiderweb asking for new registration codes. If you have the address or credit card number you used when you ordered, that should make it especially easy. Jeff is pretty great about helping out when registered users need to reinstall on a new system.