Strange fields of vision in G4…

Coming from Avernum I have the impression that G4's "stage" is much smaller, than in A5 or A6. Smaller meaning less quadrants on the stage… (Can't make out the quadrants as well as in Avernum, too.)

It feels a bit like playing with goggles, which interfere with my field of vision… Nope, I don't wear goggles, when playing, although it might feel a bit more scifi…

I tried the different settings of resolution. The only thing it changes – as expected – is the quality of the picture. For the worse. The frame-size of the stage stays the same. It feels quite awkward always having all the creatures run out my field of vision…

If there is no solution for that, because the stage is smaller, than be it…

But is it?

A thanks, I'm looking forward to that. smile

It's really funny to compare the individual features of the several games Spiderweb made… Playing G4 after A6's almost feeling a bit like, uhm, stone…, No! Bronze-age… (No offence meant. I like it!)

At the moment the inventary of Geneforge is real time-travel. Some convenient functions missing, all these old-fashioned items! One really has to admit, that Spiderweb has managed to work on the grafics in the recent games, without warping the old-style appearance too much, and at the same time managed to get it attractive enough so that one can accept the design in these graphically fastidious times. Actually it stays more like a game should. It stays in the realm of phantasy, creativity, fun and leasure, no matter how serious a player might want to get into statistics and such.