Some games crashing on windows 7

goblindolf

Hello!

So I just got a new computer and upgraded to windows 7 64bit and noticed I can't play some spiderweb games.

CPU: Core i5-750.

Graphics Card: Radeon 5770

Latest graphics drivers

OpenGL 3.2

Directx 11

Nethergate Resurrection: Screen goes black after I double click the game and keyboard freezes, have to turn power off to restart the computer as it is completely unresponsive.

Geneforge 5: Asks me what resolution I want to play at then does same as nethergate when I click "Ok".

Edit: Geneforge 5 doesn't crash my system if I select "play in window mode"! I dislike window mode but that may give a clue about the problem.

Trying to make nethergate start in window mode with -window doesn't stop it crashing though.

Edit: Running nethergate in compatibility mode for windows xp doesn't help, but I can run nethergate on a virtual machine with xp installed on it. (xp mode)

Blades of avernum: Same as nethergate

Geneforge 1-4: Works

Avernum 1-5:Works

Avernum 5:

If my resolution is set to 1680 x 1050 it says I need at least: 1024x768. If I allow it to change resolution the game is squished from the sides. If I don't it is centered.

If my resolution is: 1024x768 it says I need at least: 1024x768. If I don't allow it to change resolution or do allow it, it is full screen like it should be.