A6 - Has this happened to you?

Jerakeen

It's a minor oddity, but kind of funny.

Having fought a second round in the arena, I took my characters for a walk around the outside perimeter of Spire and found the trapdoor. Down we went, naturally.

I don't know who was more surprised when the summoned rabid hellhound I'd left in the arena appeared behind the baddies. The plated chitrach showed up a turn or so later.

I guess Jeff must have fixed it so that your summons would stick with you, even if they had to teleport to do it. I doubt this is reliable enough to be exploited in any way, and actually it could be very annoying if you're trying to use them to slow down a pursuer (something like that happened to me on the buried seal quest), but still it's sort of cool.

Jeff tried to make summon creatures more useful by having them follow you instead of hanging around the summoning point until a monster finally comes into the search radius.

If you want to see something else, go to a stair and summon two creatures, then use the stair and summon two more. The game allows it since the first two summons aren't in the same area as the next two.

Originally Posted By: BrownieMix
This has happened to me, and it is very cool...until they disappear one turn later.

Actually they lasted long enough to make short work of the bandits--who weren't particularly tough, admittedly.

Having more than two summons in different areas was possible in A5 too, but I can't recall any situation where it would have been useful.