A6 - Killing Hirickis (spoiler)

NickLemming

He just doesn't want to die!

I've got him down to v.wounded, and he disappears, then again, and he disappears again, ending up at the bottom right of the map in that circle. Now he's been on the slimmest of HP left according to the HP bar, and I've done a couple of thousand damage to him since then, but he still won't die. How do I kill him?

Hmm, he should keep teleporting around until he eventually teleports to his inner sanctum which is behind that initially closed gate to the East. Only there can he be killed. If the event where he goes to his inner sanctum is not happening, you may have a problem. Have any dialogue screens come up mid-battle where he speaks to you? It should do this two or three times throughout the battle as you wound him more and more.

He teleported twice, until he ended up in the bottom right corner where the secret area is; then for some reason he stopped and wouldn't die. He did his little speech each time he died, but then nothing. Luckily I'd saved just before attacking him, and when I went back to that save, I knocked him down again and then he disappeared into his special area, where I killed him. I'm not sure why it seemed to have locked up and he wouldn't die before though.

Aha. I think I have figured out the problem: there must be damage thresholds that he has to cross to trigger each teleportation, and if he gets damaged too much too early (i.e. before second leap), Hirickis doesn't heal up enough to be able to make the third downward crossing in health.

So just take the fight a little more slowly and it should work - at least it just did for me.