A6 - Higher Difficulties -> More XP?

No. The purpose of higher difficulties is to make the game more difficult, not to make your characters more powerful. The only difference between difficulty levels is that monsters on higher difficulties have more HP, hit more often, do more damage and are harder to hit. Beyond a certain point on Torment, enemies will basically never miss you, no matter how high you pump Dexterity and Defense.

I've found Hard is little different from Normal in most of Jeff's games. But I doubt I want to up the difficulty to torment. I mean who wants to play on a difficulty called torment?

I have yet to face the Slith Horde or even get into the Eastern Gallery or the Abyss. Does the game difficulty ramp up in the Northern half of the map?

Originally Posted By: VCH
I've found Hard is little different from Normal in most of Jeff's games. But I doubt I want to up the difficulty to torment. I mean who wants to play on a difficulty called torment?

I have yet to face the Slith Horde or even get into the Eastern Gallery or the Abyss. Does the game difficulty ramp up in the Northern half of the map?

How have you been doing with the tougher optional encounters in the southern half, like the Possessed Lizard or the Cackling Demon? If you breezed through both of those battles, you may want to consider turning up the difficulty.

It's not a dumb question. Sometimes games do give more experience for more difficulty. It's an odd decision, but it happens.

—Alorael, who "fondly" remembers Realmz and how much easier it got on the highest difficulty setting. Until the bizarre scaling kicked in, anyway.