A6 - Darkside Loyalist HQ = not easy

BrownieMix

So I explored the Darkside Loyalist HQ last night, and man was it fun. First the archers nearly killed me, then the pincer attack really got me down. I knew it would be hard, but wasn't expecting it to be as challenging as it was. However, there is a useful trick to allow a party to have almost free reign of the place well before they should.

Basically, I used the windows to kill all the archers surrounding the entrance way first. Then I opened the door and killed the regular warriors. I then went into combat mode, put everyone at the stairway, and sent one guy to trigger the pincer attack. When it did, he Battle Frenzied his way to everyone else. Near the stairway is a one square bottleneck where you can have three party members allow only one soldier at a time attack. eventually you can clear them all out, mop up the archers, and then explore. This is how I discovered the Divine Retribution spell waaaay earlier then I think I was supposed to.

Unfortunately my Arcane Lore wasn't high enough, and since I didn't kill the boss guy, the pincer attack got triggered again when I left the HQ and then returned. In theory, this could lead to a neverending XP farm, though it would be very tedious and impractical.

The boss guy is even more fun since you need to figure out the solution to his scripted attack.

Don't forget past the golems is Erika's Ruined Tower (the last Gladwell quest). Although after that area it's relatively simple, but not easier.

You need AL 14 for the spell book.